The Most Recognized Pianist Of The 21st Century Comes Back To The Voll-Damm Barcelona Jazz Festival After Two Years
The master Chucho Valdés returns to the stage of the Voll-Damm Barcelona Jazz Festival on November 23rd, 2021 after two years of absence. The most recognized Cuban pianist of the 21st century will present his most recent musical production La Creación, a suite in four movements that exalts Yoruba-African history and its influences in South America and the Caribbean. A work dedicated to Olodumare and the worldwide celebration of his 80 years of life.
The founder of the Irakere group comes back to the incomparable sound of the Big Band, Afro-Cuban percussion, Blues, and the set of voices that represents his histrionics as a director, composer, and pianist with La Creación.
On this album, Valdés is accompanied on arrangements, keyboards, and conducting by Canadian Juno award-winning Cuban musician Hilario Durán and the Grammy Award winner and Emmy nominee John Beasley. Playing the Drums is Grammy winner and two Latin Grammy nominee Dafnis Prieto. Also, in La Creación stand out Erick Barbería, Yosvany González Franco, and Felipe Sarria Linares (Batá and voices), José A. Gola (Double Bass and Electric Bass), and Roberto Jr. Vizcaíno (Percussion). Former Van Van member Yeny Valdés adds her melodious voice to this production, while two Grammys winner Brian Lynch and “Daring Improviser” (rated by Jazz Times) Etienne Charles do it by playing the Trumpets. On the other hand, Carlos Averhoff Jr., considered one of the new voices in the new generation of Cuban jazz saxophonists, flaunts his virtuosity on the Tenor Sax and Marcus Strickland on the Alto Sax.
Enjoy the concert of the master Chucho Valdés & The Yoruban Orchestra in the Iberian Peninsula!
Date: Tuesday, November 23rd
Time: 8:30 PM
Address: Palau de la Música Catalana. Music auditorium located on Sant Pere més Alt street in the Ribera district of Barcelona, Spain.
In addition to this presentation in Barcelona, the winner of six Grammys and four Latin Grammys, Chucho Valdés has scheduled an autumn tour that will visit the main cities of France and the neighborhood of the principality of Monaco, Monte Carlo. Finishing his tour in the city of Girona – Spain (December 4th) and Castellón de la Plana – Spain (December 11th). Tickets can be found from € 15 depending on the location.
Currently, Dionisio Jesús “Chucho” Valdés Rodríguez, with more than 60 years of experience, directs a course of group classes that contain 14 recorded chapters lasting one hour. This exclusive virtual academy for pianists was inaugurated on March 15th, 2021. However, this online study platform already includes live lessons and individualized tutoring with the delivery of certificates for advanced pianists.
“After the experience of the group classes in a virtual way, I realized that the students have different needs, so I decided to start with individual classes for advanced musicians. In this way, the classes will be focused directly on the needs of each one”. Chucho Valdés.
Perhaps These Data May Interest You:
- The Barcelona Voll-Damm Jazz Festival is one of the oldest events and a world reference in Europe. Their first concert was held on November 3rd, 1966.
- In this festival, master classes are offered by the best specialists, conferences with fascinating and current topics, meetings with artists, as well as outstanding concerts (some free) for fans and lovers of the Jazz genre.
- For 32 years (1989) The Project has been the Barcelona promotion company in charge of organizing this autumn meeting annually.
- The Project was created in 1988 and organizes more than 400 concerts a year with approximately 10,000 musical calls to date.
- The Voll-Damm drink became part of the festival in 2002, becoming its main sponsor.
- 3 Reasons To Stay In Paris This Season - November 28, 2022
- Where Will The “German Salseros” Celebrate In December? - November 28, 2022
- Spirit Of The Dance On Tour In 2023: A Wink To Their Fans - November 28, 2022