Corresponsal: Pietro Mingarelli (Italy)
More than a year after the security measures implemented by the national government against the Covid 19 pandemic, the Salsa’s Academies and Clubs in Italy continue closed to help safeguard the health of the population.
Since February 24, 2020, the Salsa Academies, Discotheques, Clubs, and Outdoor Salsa floor have ceased their recreational, fun, and educational activities of this tropical genre in the country for seven months with a reopening of 15 days during October 2020, unfortunately, there was a new wave of the SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus that caused the total closure of the establishments once again.
Currently, the country of the Colosseum in Rome began the de-escalation and the nightclubs are expected to reopen their doors to the public this March 2021 respecting the social distancing between clients, the dance academies on June 8 with an operation of small groups of people. While festivals, congresses, and similar events still have no start date for activities.
From SalsaGoogle are optimistic and we hope that the beginning of spring will coincide with the reunion of salseros in this peninsula that has been the venue for more than a decade of the main and most innovative international festivals and world congresses, as well as it has been recognized for his high levels of teaching in Salsa dance academies.
General Hygiene Rules
These are some basic recommendations for the assistants to the Salsa lessons in academies to enjoy the maximum of their dance experience with greater security:
– Wear a mask (Cover mouth) during the entire dance lessons.
– Hand disinfection before, during, and after class.
– Adaptation of small groups of people to the size of the room in the courses.
– Distance between couples.
– Independent entrances and exits to avoid meeting areas.
– Regular ventilation between courses and course units.
– Periodic disinfection of the establishment.
– Cleaning maintenance in sanitary rooms.
13th WORLD SALSA MEETING 2021 has been postponed to next year. This three-day event will take place in an elegant and modern area of the Hotel Da Vinci in Milan. It has a stage for all styles and levels, national and international artists, and a large free parking space.
13th WORLD SALSA MEETING 2022 will bring you the new and best artists from around the world in the styles of Cuban Salsa, On1, On2, and Bachata. All the artists are exceptional teachers, amazing artists, and nice people. The details of the program will be available very soon on its website and Tickets for the theme nights of the event can now be reserved.
2022 WORLD SALSA MEETING presents 3 days of Study and Passion.
Date: Friday, January 21st – Sunday, January 23rd
Venue: Hotel Da Vinci, Via Senigallia 6, Milan, Lombardia, Italy
Price: €5 – €30
- Tommy Olivencia Jr’s career and support for the salsa museum - June 5, 2023
- Sony Music’s new talent, Luis Figueroa, is unstoppable…And, he is a salsa singer - May 31, 2023
- Veruska Verdu - May 2, 2023